"Your Home is Your Nest"

"Your Home is Your Nest"
"Your Home is Your Nest ~ Love & Protect It !"

Sometimes they just never feel clean enough...but then I stop, breath, and say, "Yes they are!"

Sometimes they just never feel clean enough...but then I stop, breath, and say, "Yes they are!"
"We wash our hands because we care!"

"We can't live in our very own little glass bubbles...no matter how much we might like too!"

"We can't live in our very own little glass bubbles...no matter how much we might like too!"
"Hello how are you?" "I'm great, how are you hun?"

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Helpful tips for moms dealing with OCD


Many moms may suffer with obssessive compulsive disorder

I realized that I had a touch of obsessive compulsive order growing up when I would have the urge to leave my bus stop and run to my house to make sure that our oven was off and the front door was locked. I figured these were just little quarks of mine, only to later realize that they would start to control my life. I worked two jobs and was a full time college student in my early twenties and a busy mind helped to keep worries and compulsions away.Then in 2005 I was married and later joyfully became a mother of a sweet little girl. I am so grateful to be a mother and every second of my day is spent thinking about how I can be the best mother for my daughter. As mothers and fathers alike we may constantly analyze ourselves.We strive to create the most stable and healthy environment for our children. Many new mothers may develop OCD and feel that nothing they do is ever good enough and they may be fearful of everything, but having this attitude is negative and negativity does not help anyone. So instead of going on and on about the common and depressing symptoms of OCD, like the fear I had of germs and chemical contamination, this article is going to give us a boost in positivity and offer some helpful tips. I know that OCD can be very hard to cure so I hope these tips can at least make someone's day a little easier as they have mine.
Tip # 1
Prepare for your day:
I always make sure that all my lets call them "anti-panic items" are in stock. These on my list include:
Seventh Generation disinfectant multi- purpose surface spray- for cleaning surfaces ( I keep one in the bathroom for disinfecting the toilet and one in the kitchen to disinfect surfaces after preparing meats~ notice these are the germiest places in the house!) I love this new disinfectant because I have both the fear of germ and chemical contamination so this helps so much because there is no rinsing required even on food contact surfaces! I love that! We really have to read labels because if something says that it is hazardous to humans and animals and we are cleaning the tables where we sit and eat then why would we want to have these toxic chemicals on them? Our hands and arms touch these tables and our skin is the largest organ of our body which absorbs everything! So why would we expose our skin when we clean to substances that are toxic and should not come in contact with our bodies to begin with? I always try to use non-toxic household supplies because during our busy days we may forget to rinse surfaces and we already have enough to worry about!
Paper towels or clean hand towels
2 Clean sponges
Antibacterial dish soap & non toxic dish soap
Organic natural liquid castile soap with foam pump bottle ( works great because it is gentle on very dry and over washed hands!)
A Natural antibacterial fabric refresher
These are just a few helpful household supplies that help me and it is a great idea to make your own list of items that you like and keep them in stock at home.
If you know that there are things in your living and work environment that may set off panic, take care of these things the night before. When my daughter goes to sleep I may stay up and disinfect surfaces. I like to clean at night because this way I know that I am not spraying the cleaning products near my daughter and when I wake up in the morning I know that everything is ready and clean for a new day. It is a lot easier to keep the house clean when you are just cleaning that day's messes along the way as they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment