"Your Home is Your Nest"

"Your Home is Your Nest"
"Your Home is Your Nest ~ Love & Protect It !"

Sometimes they just never feel clean enough...but then I stop, breath, and say, "Yes they are!"

Sometimes they just never feel clean enough...but then I stop, breath, and say, "Yes they are!"
"We wash our hands because we care!"

"We can't live in our very own little glass bubbles...no matter how much we might like too!"

"We can't live in our very own little glass bubbles...no matter how much we might like too!"
"Hello how are you?" "I'm great, how are you hun?"

Friday, May 18, 2012

Citrus Magic!



Hi everyone! Lately I have been using a lot of lemons for cleaning around the house. My local supermarket has actually been having some great sales on lemons so I take advantage of buying them when they are cheaper during the warm seasons! I love to make fresh pitchers of green iced tea and I cut up lemons and let them soak right in the tea pitcher so they can infuse the tea with their yummy lemon flavor! When it is time to wash out the big iced tea pitcher and mix up a new batch, I will take out the old lemons and rinse the tea off of them in hot water and then reuse them to scrub the inside of my sink with. See sinks can become really germy and lemons are natural citrus germ-fighters not to mention order eliminators and grease cutters. So when I scrub the inside of my metal sink with lemons it smells so fresh and looks nice and shiny! I will let it sit for a few minutes and then scrub with soap and rinse with hot water and voila~ So clean you eat out of it!lol Also I will take some fresh lemon juice and sprinkle it on a clean damp hand towel and place it in my dryer with laundry I am drying...boy does it smell yummy when tehy are dry! A nice clean and fresh scented non-toxic and "cheap" way to freshen up laundry:)! Hope you enjoy these tips and make the most out of our little citrus friends:)!

No comments:

Post a Comment